A brief history on Karbi Anglong District Judiciary
During the pre-British rule the territory was part of the Dimasa Kingdom till the demise of Sengya Tularam Hasnu in AD 1854. After his death it went into the hands of the British under which it was declared a ‘Scheduled District’ constituted in 1874. Later, Mikir Hills tract was constituted as "Partially Excluded areas" under the Govt. of India Act, 1935. On November 17, 1951 a new district, the United Mikir Hills and North Cachar Hills district was created by combining some parts of the districts of the now Golaghat, Nagaon, Cachar and United Khasi and Jaiantia Hills district of present-day Meghalaya state. This was followed by bifurcation of the erstwhile district of United Mikir and North Cachar Hills district into two separate districts — Mikir Hills district and North Cachar Hills district — on 2nd February 1970. Mikir Hills district was renamed as Karbi Anglong district on 14 October 1976.
In 2016, the district was divided into two district, the western part including Hamren, Baithalangso and Donkamokam and other adjoining areas forming the new district of West Karbi Anglong. Hamren is made the headquarter of the newly created district.
The Karbi Anglong district judiciary court building was formally being inaugurated by Chief Justice of Guahati High Court Justice Ajit Singh on 12th of August, 2017.The court building is located at Agriculture colony, near Police Reserve, Diphu.